Monday, August 22, 2011

I Got All of This For WHAT?!

I went on my very first Homeland Coupon shopping trip last night with my sister Lisa.  She's a seasoned couponer and I was glad she let me tag along and helped me scope out some good deals that I was a little excited about.  Who am I kidding?  I was like a kid in a candy store.  I had printed several online coupons that I found links to on Coupon Closet and was kind of nervous about using those.  I've read several people post on CC that they weren't allowed to use their online coupons and that would be frustrating and irritating to the person in line behind me.  But all went well, the cashier didn't utter a word or even smile (gotta love Muskogee) but I scored some really great deals.

After my One Card savings (so I could get the sale price) and after my coupons, here's my haul and what I paid:


Cinnamon Toast Crunch $1.50
Golden Grahams $1.50
Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers .50
Transformers Band Aids .31
Two Skinny Cow candies .12 each
Lucky Charm Treat bars $1.49
Oscar Meyer Carving Board lunch meat .99
Sunny D .79
Smart Balance half-gallon milk .79
French's Honey Mustard Dip .89
Three Hunt's Pudding Snack Packs .69 each
Two Ragu Pasta Sauces .50 each
Two Bumble Bee canned Tuna FREE plus .62 money maker! (Thought Homeland changed their policy and didn't do this anymore?  Receipt shows otherwise!)
Planter's Peanut Butter .59
French's Worchestershire sauce FREE plus .01 money maker!
Freschetta Supreme Pizza $2.99
Two Kid's Cuisine .99 each
Velveeta Cheesy Skillets .29
Pilgrim's Fresh Chicken Thighs .35
Two Banquet Frozen Meals (Yuck! But my husband likes anything) .50 each
Edy's Frozen Fruit Bars .50

My total before all possible savings was $74.20, but I would have paid $54.32 with only the One Card for the sale prices.  But with all my coupons that double the subtotal was $19.14 but with tax I paid a total of $22.42!  Ah, the sweet smell of success!

1 comment: